How To Measure Windows
Our Blinds are re-sized to the measurements you provide. Please have on hand a steel measuring tape, paper and pencil, and a step ladder for high measurements. Please follow these guidelines carefully.
- Decide if your blinds will be inside or outside the window frame.
- Always use a steel tape measure for accuracy. DO NOT use a cloth tape.
- Measure and round off to the nearest mm. Check in several places in case the window is not perfectly square.
- If deductions are necessary, the factory will make the allowances. Do not make these yourself.
- First, measure WIDTH, write it down. Clearly indicate this measurement is the width.
- Second, measure DROP, write it down. Clearly indicate this measurement is the length.
- It is very common to transpose measurements. Always indicate the WIDTH measurement first, then the HEIGHT last. (W x H)
- Remember one very important thing when measuring for an inside mount – Take the ACTUAL WINDOW OPENING SIZE to give to us, our factory will take all the proper allowances for it to fit into that opening.
- Please check ALL measurements.
Inside Fit (recess)
- WIDTH: Measure the EXACT width of the window in three places. Use the narrowest width measurement.
- DROP: Measure the EXACT DROP of the window in three places. Use the shortest height measurement.
- Window Depth: The space from the windows outer edge to the back of the window (or obstructions such as handles).
Outside Fit (face fix)
- Specify the EXACT WIDTH and EXACT DROP you want the end product to be. Your product will be made exactly as you specify with no deductions.
- The normal width is measured to the full extent of the architrave.
- If you have no architraves – to minimize light gaps and obtain maximum privacy, add 100mm on each side. If you wish add extra length to the drop if blind not to the floor.
MEASURING BAY WINDOWS
The management and staff would like to say Thank You! For choosing our company to purchase your Blinds.